Monday 17 May 2010

Lexmark 6200 with linux.

Purchased a couple of years ago or so, for about £200. Colour ink-jet printer, scanner. It may even print photos, I forget.

Anyway, Suse10: The printer shows up, but a test page doesn't work.

Hunting through Lexmark's site: no support for linux. No support for linux?
You fucking assholes, I may as well have donated the money to you. You cannot spare the salary of a single engineer to provide linux compatability? Well, fuck you. I will NEVER buy Lexmark again. With any luck, that's probably ten printers gone, over my life time. From a single person. Move with the times, Lexmark. Even when you do start to support Linux, I'll never buy from you again.

On a plus note, Brother printers seem to work well (so I'm told), and I know I got a Dell duplex laser printer to work well under linux. Pity Lexmark are so fucking pathetic as to not keep up. Well, a pity I didn't realise how shit they were before parting with my cash. It won't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment