Sunday 14 April 2013

Updating NVIDIA drivers broke gw2 and steam

I downloaded the latest nvidia binary and installed it.  I said, `yes' to install 32 bit stuff.  On reset, X did not start up.

I think.  I may have attempted to change the NVIDIA binary version via Ubuntu's software manager (gui); reset and found X to fail:  and accessed the nvidia site; downloaded the lastest, installed, saying 'yes'.  Restart:  x started ok but Gw2 now will not start via playonlinux and the terminal shows something about OpenGL not being installed.

I attempted to install Steam, hoping it would fix things.  It didn't.

Follwing https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux/issues/321,
Carlos Jenkins suggested adding,

/usr/lib32
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/mesa
 
to 

/etc/ld.so.conf.d/steam.conf

and doing,


 

sudo ldconfig 


This fixed gw2 and steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment